Scottish Health Innovations Ltd (SHIL) works in partnership with NHS Scotland to identify, protect, develop and commercialise new innovations from healthcare professionals. Registered Number: SC 236303. Registered address: The Golden Jubliee National Hospital, Fourth Floor East, Agmemmon St, Clydebank, G81 4DY
News & Events
Stay up to date with latest activity at SHIL
Aurum Biosciences Ltd., a SHIL supported NHS Scotland spin-out company, is seeking to appoint a new Chairperson as the company enters an exciting new stage in its development.
Aurum is currently gearing up to start its first phase 2 study with its lead product ABL-101 in the treatment of acute ischaemic stroke patients. ABL-101 was discovered from technology coming out of the NHS. The company is also in the process of raising new investment to fund the next studies in this condition and is also seeking corporate partnerships. A major advance in Aurum’s manufacturing strategy is also underway.
The company, funded by private investment from UK and USA, plus Scottish Enterprise and The Wellcome Trust, has achieved major advances under the current leadership during the last 3 years and is now looking to strengthen the team with the appointment of a new Chairperson.
The ideal candidate will have the following profile:
- At least 15 years in senior management positions within pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology companies
- At least one previous private equity-backed Board leadership position
- Proven commercial and product development success
- Experience of raising venture capital or other types of private investment
- Experience and proven success in negotiating licensing deals between pharma/biotech companies for novel pharmaceutical products
- Excellent contacts within the global pharma/biotech fields
- An understanding of the economic drivers of biotech firms and an appreciation of the typical finances of such companies
- A first degree in a scientific discipline, most likely a biological or medical degree, would be an advantage, as would a background in or knowledge of neurology
- An appropriate incentive arrangement will be agreed with the successful candidate.
Please apply to Jim McGuire (CEO) at firstname.lastname@example.org, enclosing CV and covering letter explaining your interest in and suitability for the role.
Find out more about Aurum Biosciences, and ABL-101, by visiting their website.